Wallpeople is a collaborative art project based in Barcelona that invites people to create and be part of a unique moment in a specific urban space. The objective is to compose a unique work and made by all. Next 9th June it’s 30 cities around the world will join together for one purpose: to express their ideas freely.
One of our purposes is to return art to the streets and reclaim the public space as a means of expression and citizen interaction. Its philosophy advocates free creativity and uses Internet and its digital tools to offer their experiences in real life, and somehow raise a reflection on how we create and communicate today.
Untill now the action has focused on photography, but Wallpeople is a live and changing project, so for this new edition they propose something different, find out here.
Wallpeople is also an international experiment and it’s always open to the incorporation of new countries. This year it celebrates its more global edition, with about 30 participating cities worldwide:
Miami, Monterrey, Caracas, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Toronto, Ney York, Buenos Aires, Mexico, Bogota…and in Spain with Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid, Malaga and Valencia.
So next 9th June it’s 30 cities around the world will join together for one purpose: to express their ideas freely. For one day, anonymous people will be the real protagonists of a very special exhibition. A street wall will become a makeshift outdoor gallery where all participants may exhibit their own works and observe the others.
Valencia: From 6:00pm a 8:00pm at Calle Corona, 16,
Barcelona: From 6:00pm a 8:30pm at C/ Valldonzella nº 20 (Pista de baloncesto detrás del CCCB)
Bilbao: From 5:00pm to 8:00pm . The place have to be confirmed soon
Madrid: From 6:00pm to 10:00pm at Campo De La Cebada / 28005 Madrid
Malaga: From 6:00pm to 9:00pm at the Cauce del río Guadalmedina
How to participate in Wallpeople 2012: ‘Express Yoursel
- Inside the Official Facebook Page there are the different events for each city, where you will find the exact time and place to go.
- On Saturday 9th June 2012, go to the right place with at least one work created by you. Anyone is invited to participate.
- Works will be accepted in any format and theme: drawing, painting, illustration, photography, collage, comics, paper, cardboard, wood (light), fabric, crochet, prints, mixed compositions, plates, postcards, crafts, origami, a napkin, a post-it, a poem, etc.
- Not Accepted: Works by more than 1×1 meters. Heavy works that can not be fixed with adhesive tape or glue or need to be hung with nails (not allowed to pierce the wall) and works with discriminatory content.
- The time of the wall creation and duration of exposure shall be indicated on the Facebook event and will depend on each city. It is an ephemeral action and will only last a few hours.
- The organization will have adhesive tape for attendees to stick their works. Still, we recommend to bring your own adhesive tape or glue (Blu Tack) to facilitate the process.
- Stick your work next to another one and keeping a small margin. Respect the other creations.
- Once the mural is completed and after a time of exhibition, the organization will notice the end of exposure.
- At that time, you will be able to withdraw your work/s.
- If you want, you can exchange your work for that of another participant and so become mural in a more interactive experience. You can also leave it hanging until a participant takes it/them away.
Check all this links & spread this awesome Event !!! Hope to see you there